Even in 2023 and 2024 Gambero Rosso confirms and rewards the best Apulian wines. In fact, our beloved land ratifies its success in the food and wine context, now becoming one of the most important Italian regions for the quality of the wines offered. A process of constant growth, both from a qualitative point of view and from that of technique, experience and productive awareness, translated into the ways in which it is obtained. It is enough to see how many wines have been awarded with I Tre Bicchieri designation of origin in 2023 (25) compared to those of just 5-6 years ago (10) to understand how the identity, tradition and typicality of the territory are today increasingly important factors for producing the best Apulian wines. Only a few years ago, however, regional production was more limited, relegated almost exclusively to the vine rather than the territory.
I Tre Bicchieri 2024: the best wines of Puglia
A path of incessant self-improvement, even more enhanced by the results of I Tre Bicchieri 2024 which reach 26, fully representing the high-quality panorama of the Puglia region. The star performers of Puglia are the Primitivo Wine di Gioia del Colle and that of Manduria (7 award-winning wines each), but we also find Salice Salentino, Castel del Monte and for the first time a Terra d’Otranto comes to the fore. We can say that this last decade has been that of the affirmation of Primitivo Wine and of the denominations that are its main representatives: Gioia del Colle Primitivo and Primitivo di Manduria. An unparalleled confirmation of the primary role that this vine plays in the high-quality production of the region.
The other reference grape for Puglia is Negroamaro. In addition to two, Salice Salentino features names that have made the history of Apulian oenology, such as Vallone, Cosimo Taurino or Leone de Castris. Greater doubts among the juries, however, left small promises from a few years ago such as Castel del Monte with its Nero di Troia and Brindisino with Susumaniello wine (established themselves very quickly) in slight shadow for this two-year period 2023/24 but in any case, recognized as excellent quality local wines. So here below is the I Tre Bicchieri 2024 ranking of the best wines from Puglia:
- Amativo 2021 Cantele
- Askos Susumaniello 2022 Masseria Li Veli
- Brindisi Rosso Susumaniello
- Oltremé 2021 Tenute Rubino
- Castel del Monte Rosso V. Pedale Ris. 2019 Torrevento
- Es 2021 Gianfranco Fino
- EstRosa 2022 Pietraventosa
- Five Roses 79° Anniversario 2022 Leone de Castris
- Gioia del Colle Primitivo 17 Vign. Montevella 2020 Polvanera
- Gioia del Colle Primitivo 1821 Ris. 2019 Tenuta Patruno Perniola
- Gioia del Colle Primitivo Fanova 2021 Terrecarsiche 1939
- Gioia del Colle Primitivo Marpione Ris. 2020 Tenuta Viglione
- Gioia del Colle Primitivo Muro Sant’Angelo Contrada Barbatto 2020 Tenute Chiaromonte
- Gioia del Colle Primitivo Parco Largo 2022 PlantamuraGioia – Primitivo Senatore 2020 Coppi
- Graticciaia 2018 Agricole Vallone
- Notarpanaro 2018 Cosimo Taurino
- Primitivo di Manduria Collezione Privata Cosimo Varvaglione Old Vines 2020
- Primitivo di Manduria Lirica 2021 Produttori di Manduria
- Primitivo di Manduria Notte Rossa Ris. 2019 Terre di Sava
- Primitivo di Manduria Passo del Cardinale 2022 Paolo Leo
- Primitivo di Manduria Raccontami 2021 Vespa – Vignaioli per Passione
- Primitivo di Manduria Sessantanni 2019 San Marzano Vini
- Primitivo di Manduria Terra Bianca Giravolta 2019 Felline
- Salice Salentino Cantalupi Ris. 2020 Conti Zecca
- Salice Salentino Rosso Selvarossa Ris. 2020 Cantine Due Palme
- Terra d’Otranto Rosso Vega Ris. 2021 Menhir Salento
What can we say, congratulations to the winners!
Now all you need to do now is discover the flavours of this beloved region by reading this post on the best wine tasting tours in Puglia. Or book an Apulian wine tasting now with Terra che Vive:
Tasting of Apulian wines with visit to a synergistic agriculture vineyard
Guided tour of a winery in the Itria Valley with tasting
Read also this article: Where to drink Pugliese wine
Our beloved land of Puglia, terrachevive!
Come and experience it too, we are waiting for you!