Tastings, lunches, dinners and cookery courses hosted in ancient farmhouses
Are you looking for a characteristic location in Puglia for a food and wine experience? Would you like to experience a wine tasting, lunch or dinner in an ancient Apulian farmhouse? Why not take part in a cookery course hosted in a location that represents the spirit of this region?
Terrachevive.com will organise the culinary experience of your choice by proposing you various farmhouses selected on the basis of:
- quality of the products and services offered..
Give yourself a unique experience in a dream location: we are waiting for you in Puglia!
What were Apulian farmhouses used for?
Farmhouses were very widespread in southern Italy, particularly in Puglia and Sicily; formerly they were large estates of rich landowners meant for the production of particular types of crops or for animal breeding. These large ‘farms’ were inhabited by both the owners and the staff working on animal husbandry or cultivating the land.
Farmhouses were also built according to a particular “rural” architecture, that means they were functional to the carrying out of the peasant activity. Thus, they usually included:
- stables for the animals;
- fields for sowing;
- places for processing the harvest;
- warehouses for storage.
Fortunately, Puglia has remained an authentic land, still rich in ancient rural traditions. These traditions are closely linked to the cultivation of the land and the husbandry of animals. The result of this close link is reflected in the varied Apulian culinary heritage.
Food and wine activities to do in the farmhouse
Terrachevive.com organises 3 different types of gastronomic services in its partner farmhouses:
- Guided tours to discover the best local food and wine products: such as Mozzarella, Burrata, Caciocavallo, Cacioricotta, Capocollo from Martina Franca, Salami, Focaccia, Bread, Taralli, Friselle, Wine;
- Meals with fresh, seasonal ingredients: you can choose your menu by composing it with dishes belonging to the renowned Apulian gastronomic tradition. You can choose from orecchiette with tomato sauce and brasciole, broad bean puree and chicory, fried panzerotti, grilled meat, pizza cooked in a wood-burning oven, stuffed aubergines, fried meatballs, grilled octopus, fresh fish and more;
- Cooking classes to learn typical Apulian recipes: the best opportunity to experience our deep rural roots. Authentic Apulian grandmothers, pizza makers, cheesemakers and pastry chefs will teach you the secrets of preparing fresh pasta, mozzarella and burrata, pizza, bread and many other delicacies.
How to book your foodie experience in Puglia
Contact us by filling out the form available on this page indicating the number of participants.
Alternatively, you can send us an email to the following email address: [email protected]
We will reply as soon as possible providing you with all necessary information to make you live an unforgettable experience in Puglia.
Come and enjoy it too, we are waiting for you!